- Our Best Pool Cues For 2022
- 2022’s Best Pool Cues Comparison Chart
- How to Choose the Perfect Pool Cue
- Top 15 Best Pool Cues Reviews
- 1: Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue
- 2: Champion Sport White Spider Maple Pool Cue Stick
- 3: Players C-960 Classic Crimson Birds-Eye Maple with Triple Silver Rings Cue
- 4: CUESOUL SOOCOO Series 58″ 2-Piece Maple Billiard Pool Cue Stick
- 5: Iszy Billiards Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Table Sticks
- 6: Imperial Officially Licensed NFL 57-Inch 2-Piece Billiard/Pool Cue with Soft Case
- 7: EastPoint Sports 2-Piece Fiber-Tek Billiard Cue
- 8: Y&J 2-Piece Hardwood Maple Billiard Stick Pool Cue
- 9: Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue
- 10: Imperial Premier 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue
- 11: Minnesota Fats Hustler High Tech Grip Graphite Cue
- 12: Cuetec Professional Series 1-Piece Canadian Maple Billiard/Pool House Cue
- 13: Viper Signature 57″ 2-Piece Realtree Camouflage Billiard/Pool Cue
- 14: Imperial Premier Cyclone 2-Piece Hard Rock Maple Billiard/Pool House Cue
- 15: Trademark Global Billiard Cue
- Best Choice: Billiard Cue Stick of 2022
15 Best Pool Cues For The Money
Whether you call it a cue or a stick, a pool cue is one of the most important things you need when playing pool or billiards. When you buy a new table, you may get a few cues included with that table, but these cues are often cheap and will begin falling apart pretty quickly. A new cue will let you play at home and in tournaments at pool halls.
The top pool cue for the money is the Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue, which features a fun poker design on the shaft. This cue has a nice balance and is available in different weights for each experience level. Take a look at some of the other top pool cues to find one as decorative and powerful as you need.
Our Best Pool Cues For 2022
Players D-JS White
- Solid black Mz Multi Zone Grip wrap
- Stainless steel joint collar with 5/16 x 18 pin gives a rock solid hit
- 13mm premium Le Professional Le Pro tip
- Tweeten holds its shape longer and plays more uniform for more consistent play
- Lifetime warranty
2022’s Best Pool Cues Comparison Chart
- Uses zone grip wrap for traction & control
- Comes in multiple sizes in ounce increments
- Suitable for both pool and billiards
- Uses a special hybrid wrap for accuracy
- Offered in multiple colors
- The shaft is made from 100% rock maple
- Has a classic design
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty
- glossy UV coating protects the pool cue and keeps the finish from chipping
How to Choose the Perfect Pool Cue
The standard size for a pool cue tip is between 11 and 14 millimeters, but tip type is just as important as size. A soft tip will let you feel the cue as it strikes the ball. Some pool players prefer hard tips because these tips are stronger and will last longer.
Heavier cues of at least 20 ounces are best for players who have less experience because these cues have more heft and can make balls spin more. Once you feel more comfortable using the stick, you can drop down to a 19-ounce cue. Though there are 18-ounce cues, these are best for those with more experience like pro players.
If you want to save money on cues but want durable cues, look for those made from maple. Maple is one of the most popular woods used by manufacturers today. Though you will find those made from lighter and darker woods as well as those with inlays and other decorations, those cues will cost more.
One-Piece vs. Two-Piece Cue
The pool cue you should use depends on what you need. One-piece cues are best for home use and for playing basic games. If you travel to competitions, or you play a lot in pool halls, you should look for a two-piece cue. A two-piece cue comes apart and often comes with a case for storage.
Though you might assume that pool cues have rounded edges, the top cues are actually straight. This keeps the cue from rolling when it lays flat on the table. If you aren’t sure if a cue is completely straight, you can hold it in your hands with one end facing your face and stare directly down the length of the shaft.
Many manufacturers put a specific type of material around one end of the stick, which looks like tape wrapped around that edge. The material creates a grip that lets you hold onto the cue. Nylon or linen are perfect for beginners and intermediate players, but those who have more experience may prefer a leather wrap.
A perfectly balanced pool cue will make you feel like an expert each time that you play. The balance point usually sits near the center of the cue and a few inches away from the end of the wrap. You can try out different cues to find one with a balance point that will work for you.
Whether you play at home or in a pool hall, you may want to consider color when picking a new cue. You’ll find brighter colors and fun designs that will help you stand out as well as traditional cues that use neutral colors.
If you spend a lot of time playing pool outside of your home, you’ll want to look at cues that come with an included case. It falls into the category of the little things you need when playing pool. Cases often have soft linings inside that will protect the cue from scratches. Some manufacturers even make cases that have padded areas inside designed for the cue parts.
Top 15 Best Pool Cues Reviews
1: Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue
An excellent break apart stick that’s built to last. With a stainless steel joint collar and a quality oak leather tip, it provides consistent, solid performance. It has a very smooth feel to it as well, countered by a textured rubber grip at the butt end. Feeling perfectly balanced at every weight (of which there are plenty to choose from), this is an excellent cue for the price on performance alone. The design elevates it, giving it a bit of an edge without being too garish. Perfect for card game enthusiasts and casino aficionados.
- Uses zone grip wrap to give you more traction and better control over your shots
- Includes a joint collar made from stainless steel with 18 pins
- The leather and hard oak tip retains its shape and strength during hundreds of shots
- Comes in multiple sizes in ounce increments
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty from Players
- Features a funky design that includes shades of red and black
- Suitable for both pool and billiards
- May arrive with a harsh and chemical odor
- Has a cheaper feel than some expected
Whether you want to feel like a professional when playing on a home table, or you actually are a pro and want to hit local and further away tournaments, this Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue is a great choice for you. It fits all kind of pool tables. This stick uses a ball joint made from stainless steel that keeps the two pieces together as you play and also makes it easier to put the cue together. It comes in various sizes that range from 18-ounces up to 21-ounces.
The best reason to invest in this pool stick is because of its great design, which includes a black grip embossed with skulls and other decorations. A series of card suites, pool balls and a jester march up the side of the shaft and use bold colors like red and black that will turn heads.
2: Champion Sport White Spider Maple Pool Cue Stick
This is a solid cue overall, with its construction being the primary standout feature. It’s well made, with a rock maple shaft and a smooth epoxy finish. It comes in a number of nice colors, though nothing particularly special; pink, green red, white, and orange. For the price, this isn’t a bad choice, especially for someone who’s just starting to get serious about pool. It’s just not a great choice for someone who wants something a bit flashier.
Out of all the maple pool sticks that you can buy, this Champion Sport White Spider Maple Pool Cue Stick is one of the best. Available in standard cue weights, this stick comes with a billiards glove and a case. You can choose between a black case or a white one, but both colors will match the black and white accents on the stick.
Made from two separate pieces, this Champion pool cue has 12.5mm tip that is small enough for trick shots and it’s durable even after repetitive use. The hybrid wrap that the manufacturer chose will last as long as those made from more expensive materials and will help you keep your hands on the stick without going over your budget. Arrows along the end work with the spider design on the pool stick and can help you line up shots too.
3: Players C-960 Classic Crimson Birds-Eye Maple with Triple Silver Rings Cue
This is a very classic looking pool cue, with a very nice brown maple construction, and smooth epoxy finish. It’s well treated to prevent warping (like all Players cues) and has a beautiful Irish leather grip partway up. Rounding things out is the solid stainless steel join color that is ultra stable for powerful hits and added durability. The only issue here is availability; this one sells out fast, so it can sometimes be hard to get your hands on.
- Has a classic design that might remind you of hardwood and real metal
- Lets you put more force behind your shots due to an efficient stainless steel collar and pin
- The hard oak tip has a leather cover that lasts for years
- Includes a limited lifetime warranty
- A glossy UV coating protects the pool cue and keeps the finish from chipping
- Suitable for both tournament and competition games
- Only available in one size/weight
- The tip makes the cue too large for games other than pool
Put as much force behind your shot as you need with this Players C-960 Classic Crimson Birds-Eye Maple with Triple Silver Rings Cue to make balls go exactly where you want them to go. Players added a stainless-steel joint collar that makes the two pieces in this stick work together as one efficient unit. A hard tip made from real oak leather adds to the force of your strikes too.
The linen wrap used on this pool stick comes in a black shade that matches the faux wood grain design of the stick quite well and allows you to play longer games without your hands sliding off the stick. Players also makes this slightly elegant pool stick in a range of weights that are suitable for advanced players as well as those just starting out.
4: CUESOUL SOOCOO Series 58″ 2-Piece Maple Billiard Pool Cue Stick
For a cheap starter cue, this one isn’t half bad at all. The materials are solid; a standard rock maple with a nice finish to keep it smooth. In terms of appearance, it’s fairly uninteresting, and bordering on tacky, with a prominent logo featured and a simple color gradient design for decoration. The join is the weakest part here, with more of a spike than a screw design. It comes out as less sturdy and more cumbersome to put together and take apart than other options. But, you get what you pay for, and it’s competent enough.
- Comes in multiple colors to let you pick your favorite, including black, white, blue and yellow
- One package comes with a case that lets you store the cue to keep it safe from damage
- Uses Canadian maple wood in the shaft for lasting gameplay
- Features both a stainless rocket pin and a stainless steel collar that last for years
- A microfiber cloth comes included for cleaning and removing dust from the cue
- At 58 inches and 19 ounces, it’s suitable for experienced and less experienced players
- Has a leather tip that rolls smoothly off balls
- The tips can break off the cue
- It may not feel as heavy in your hands as you expected
If you want a pool cue that’s made for winning tournaments, this CUESOUL SOOCOO Series 58″ 2-Piece Maple Billiard Pool Cue Sticks is a solid choice. Made from two separate pieces, this stick has a rocket pin and a collar made from stainless steel that helps you use more force without the wood breaking. That wood is real maple from Canada, which is stronger than some of the cheaper woods that other companies use.
This stick has a great design that features a bright blue base with a pearl finish on top. Stainless-steel rings on the bottom of the cue work with the rubber bumper to help you line up a shot. Though it does not have a grip, it does come with a hard tip and a cloth for wiping the cue down after a game.
5: Iszy Billiards Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Table Sticks
Canadian maple is the centerpiece of this nice little cue, which overall provides a solid and extremely inexpensive way to kickstart your pool cue collection. This is an excellent choice for someone looking to get some house cues on the cheap for their bar, or furnish a game room with decent cues a guest can use. If kept in good condition, these should make a nice classy decoration and still make a decent cue for playing with. In terms of design, these get a thumbs up as well; the cue is simplistic, but has a nice, classic pool cue design.
- Available in two color combinations: red and black and brown and black
- Features a steel joint that makes it easy to break down the two parts of the shaft and put them back together
- Includes a leather tip glued onto the end of the shaft
- Made from Canadian hardwood and uses the natural color of that wood on one end
- Comes in various weights that range from 18 to 21 ounces
- Has a classy and traditional look
- The lacquer used on the shaft can feel too smooth
- May come warped or missing the included tip
Instead of replacing each of the pool sticks you use with your home pool table one at a time, you can save money with this Iszy Billiards Hardwood Canadian Maple Pool Cue Billiard Table Sticks, which is a set that comes with four nice pool cues. Though all sticks included in the set have the same dimensions, each one features a different design. Iszy Billiards even lets you pick a central theme for your set.
Each stick has a 13mm tip with leather over the top to increase the hardness of the tip and a linen wrap on the opposite end. The manufacturer added a stainless-steel ball joint for more power too. Your set will come with a stick that weighs 18 ounces as well as one that weighs 19 ounces, 20 ounces and 21 ounces that are suitable for all players in your home.
6: Imperial Officially Licensed NFL 57-Inch 2-Piece Billiard/Pool Cue with Soft Case
- Available in multiple designs officially licensed by the NFL, including the Chicago Bears and Dallas Cowboys
- Perfect for football fans who want to show support for their favorite teams
- Comes with a soft case that lets you store the two pieces of the cue together and take them to the pool hall
- The soft grip on the end reduces fatigue and helps you get more control over your shots
- Measures 57-inches in length for home games
- Absorbs shocks from the balls and table as you play
- Selecting the right size when you order is difficult
- Doesn’t last as long as other cues do
Do you love watching National Football League games just as much as you love playing pool? With this Imperial Officially Licensed NFL 57-Inch 2-Piece Billiard/Pool Cue with Soft Case, you can now show others just how much you love your favorite team. This pool stick features a wrap in the center that uses the logo of the team that you chose.
This pool cue is more than just nice to look at though because it also breaks down into two separate pieces and comes with its own carrying case that has a carrying strap on the top and the NFL logo on the side. The straight maple shaft on the stick lets you hit the ball without the stick deflecting off that ball. It also has a leather tip on the end and a simple wrap for your hands.
7: EastPoint Sports 2-Piece Fiber-Tek Billiard Cue
- Uses composite materials that won’t break when used in game rooms and for home play
- Measures 58-inches long and is compatible with most home billiard tables
- A grip made from microfiber on the end gives you more control over shots
- At less than 20 ounces, it’s a suitable cue for less experienced players
- Includes a 90-day warranty
- As the cue doesn’t weigh much, it can warp from regular play
- The cue can arrive with some damage
At 58-inches long when fully assembled, this EastPoint Sports 2-Piece Fiber-Tek Billiard Cue helps you stand as close to or as far away from the table as you need when setting up your next shot. It weighs just over 19 ounces, which makes it great for those with more experience as well as beginners and uses a combination of materials in its construction. One of the best materials used on this cue is a composite coating that protects the stick from scratches and warping.
The aluminum tip that comes with this cue screws on and off and allows you to use the stick with different types of tips. It also has a microfiber grip that is much softer than the grips found on other cues. That grip can actually absorb some of the moisture produced as your hands sweat to give you better traction.
8: Y&J 2-Piece Hardwood Maple Billiard Stick Pool Cue
Designed for both men and women, this Y&J 2-Piece Hardwood Maple Billiard Stick Pool Cue comes in a variety of colors and designs that will let you show off your personality as you play. In addition to great designs, these Y&J pool cues also feature a hardwood construction that ensures you can play longer games without the shaft warping or bending. The decorations take the form of decals on the end that won’t peel off or scratch.
The 13mm tip on the end of the stick has glue that keeps it firmly attached to the cue. A metal screw system in the center makes it easy to screw the two pieces together and to take the stick apart.. Y&J also gives you a soft-sided carrying case with a convenient handle on the top.
9: Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue
If you want a pool cue that won’t break when kids or adults play with it and one that will match the sticks you already have or those that came with your table, you might like this Viper Commercial 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue.
Available in 48-inch and 36-inch sizes, this stick helps you play without knocking over things near the table and is suitable for younger players and those with smaller hands too. The manufacturer used nine different layers of varnish on top of the real hardwood to keep the cue from warping.
Designed for use on high-traffic tables, this stick is one that your whole family can use for months without it breaking. It comes with an ABS bumper, a leather 13mm tip and a darker wood finish near the bumper.
10: Imperial Premier 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue
If you want a medium weight pool cue that both adults and kids can use in your home, this Imperial Premier 1-Piece Hardwood Billiard/Pool House Cue is an option that won’t break the bank. Made from the same maple hardwood as other cues, this stick is much more affordable and comes in a range of lengths. You can find one that will let you play in even the tightest or cramped of rooms.
A glued-on tip on the end of the cue won’t break or fall off after taking a harder shot. It uses a lighter finish near the tip and a darker finish near the bumper. Imperial designed the darker finish to mimic the wrapping that keeps slick hands from slipping off the cue.
11: Minnesota Fats Hustler High Tech Grip Graphite Cue
- The stainless steel joints keep the cue together and give it more strength
- Designed to match the standards of legendary player Minnesota Fats
- Comes in a deep forest green color with a finish that won’t chip or scratch
- Uses tri-tech construction to make the cue last longer
- Available in multiple sizes that start at 18.5 ounces
- Both grips and a tip come included in the box
- Comes with multiple stickers on the shaft that can get in your way
- Feels more hollow than other cues do
With this Minnesota Fats Hustler High Tech Grip Graphite Cue in your hands, you may feel just as comfortable and confident on the pool table as Minnesota Fats himself. Designed to meet the dimensions and specifications of the sticks that Fats once played with, this pool stick comes in several color options, including metallic blue and traditional black. Made from graphite, this stick has a core made from a polymer resin and real maple too.
That combination of materials keeps this cue from warping with regular play, but it comes with a one-year warranty against warping too. The high-tec grips found on this stick are slightly bigger than you might expect and allow you to put your hands almost anywhere on the shaft. The Hustler has stainless-steel joints that add to its strength and keep the cue from breaking also.
12: Cuetec Professional Series 1-Piece Canadian Maple Billiard/Pool House Cue
- Great for home games and playing on billiards tables
- The shaft uses a high grade of Canadian maple that can last for years
- Has an attached grip that lets you easily line up and sink shots
- Available in 36, 48, 52 and 57-inch sizes
- Ranges in size from 10 ounces to 21 ounces
- Uses a composite finish to keep the cue from warping
- Not large enough for competition play
- Weighs less than you might expect
Though it might look basic or even plain at first glance, this Cuetec Professional Series 1-Piece Canadian Maple Billiard/Pool House Cue is great for home use. As it uses just one single piece, you won’t worry about putting the stick together or finding your carrying case before setting up the balls. Cuetec uses real North American maple in the construction of this cue to provide you with years of playing time.
On top of the maple is a composite coating that protects the maple and is resistant to scratches and moisture. This coating will also keep the cue from warping or bending. As a shorter cue stick, this Cuetec is great for new players as well as those who have limited space around their tables, and it comes in lighter weights of down to 10 ounces.
13: Viper Signature 57″ 2-Piece Realtree Camouflage Billiard/Pool Cue
- The 57-inch length makes it the right size for both pool and billiard games
- It comes in multiple sizes that range from 18 to 21 ounces to help you pick the right weight for you
- Uses the trademarked camouflage pattern associated with Realtree for fans of that company
- The ABS joint provides consistent gameplay and lets you take different shots
- Comes with a limited three-year warranty
- Uses maple hardwood in the shaft for lasting power
- Breaks into two separate pieces for storage and carrying
- Does not come with a tip
- Screwing and unscrewing the parts together can feel tedious
Whether you are a hunter, love camping or go on a lot of fishing trips, you’ll love this Viper Signature 57″ 2-Piece Realtree Camouflage Billiard/Pool Cue, which features the camouflage pattern of Realtree on its shaft. Though it does not come with a carrying case, this cue has two pieces that you can screw together and apart in seconds for storage. Both parts use real Canadian maple hardwood too.
When you use this cue, you’ll love the ABS joints that allow you to feel more as the cue hits the ball, which lets you know whether you need to use more or less force in your next shot. Available in sizes that range between 18 and 21 ounces, this pool cue also has a 13mm tip made from leather, a rubber bumper and a wrap made from a durable nylon.
14: Imperial Premier Cyclone 2-Piece Hard Rock Maple Billiard/Pool House Cue
This Imperial Premier Cyclone 2-Piece Hard Rock Maple Billiard/Pool House Cue, also called the Sneaky Pete, is one of the most affordable two-piece pool cues on the market. Designed for home use, this stick comes in a 42-inch long size as well as 48-inch and 52-inch lengths. You can unscrew the stick to save space when storing it in your game room.
Made from real wood, the Sneaky Pete uses a combination of darker and lighter woods in its finish that includes the Cyclone logo in the center. The hard tip on the stick lets you use more power when hitting the cue ball and allows you to feel the hit all the way through the stick and into your hands. It also has a rubber bumper on the opposite end and a screwing system made from metal.
15: Trademark Global Billiard Cue
Though you might think that inexpensive pool sticks aren’t worth the price, this Trademark Global Billiard Cue is an affordable option that really will keep up with your demands. This cue features two pieces that both have a funky design that shows billiard balls flying through space. Brass joints used inside these pieces ensure that you can screw and unscrew the cue with ease, and tip, which also uses brass, is removable for replacing too.
At 20-ounces, this cue is good for beginners and intermediate players, and it measures 58-inches long, which is a standard pool rules cue size. Trademark Global gives you a hard-sided carrying case that has snaps to keep the case closed. This case also has a soft lining inside to protect the parts.
Best Choice: Billiard Cue Stick of 2022
Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue
The best pool cue is easily the Players D-JS. It’s one of the billiard gears that you should get. White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue, which takes the poker theme to the next level with card suites, pool balls and even a joker across the shaft. Available in different weights, this pool cue is suitable for beginners and expert players. The black grip lets you put more power behind your shots and keep a grip on the cue.
This grip features images of skulls and other images and remains cool to the touch during more intense games. A joint collar made from stainless steel ensures that the parts of the cue never come apart during a game and gives you more torque that you can put behind each shot. The Players D-JS White with Jester on Pool Balls and Dripping Card Suits Cue also features a leather tip that will last through dozens of games. The construction of the cue makes it durable that as long as you maintain the cue stick and use it with care, it will last a long time.
It is also important to note that you need to have skill to use the too because without the proper skill you’ll just find whatever pool stick you’ll use will not help. At worst you’ll just get into accidents like the ball jumps out of the or maybe even tearing the table felt where you’ll be changing pool table cloth. If you the right skill and the right tool together then you’ll make magic.
We also got you covered on the absolute best ping pong tables, paddles, robots, air hockey tables, foosball tables and shuffleboard tables here. Be ready to have your rec room be the talk of the town.